Ethos and Values
Our aim is for children to develop into self-assured, confident, happy, positive young people. Our ethos starts with a focus on each individual, starting with a clear understanding of their unique needs and then building a pathway to support their learning and progression through school.
We have a strong pastoral structure, which is built on a caring philosophy, to nurture positive relationships and foster mature behaviour. We aim to develop pupils who know how to act responsibly and who become more independent as they grow older.
Learning is celebrated in all of its forms and academic success is valued at all levels of performance. The focus in our classrooms is on challenge, engagement and achievement. We value:
- Working together towards a common goal
- Team work, based on trust, recognition and support
- Respect for every child as a unique individual
- Preparation for every child as a unique individual
- Preparation for life and work, encouraging achievements in all areas of the curriculum
- Promoting curiosity and enthusiasm
- Building confidence to undertake new tasks
- Respect for the values of citizenship, tolerance and fairness.
Our values are:
Always believe in yourself